PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
This website is owned and operated by MCT INC (“we”), which is committed to complying with any applicable Data Protection Legislation.
This Privacy Notice provides information on the collection of personal data during the use of this Website and when visitors are contacting our company by way of email.
We, as data controllers, we are required by law to provide you with information about how your personal data is used and protected, as well as how you can exercise your rights in this respect.
By using this website and by sending us emails, you agree on the collection, the use, and the disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy. If you do not agree to this Notice, please refrain from visiting this site and/or contacting us by any form.
Data Protection Principles
The seven principles below are applicable within MCT INC which are considered lawful by the GDPR:
- Lawful, fair, and transparent processing – This principle emphasizes transparency for all EU data subjects. When the data is collected, it must be clear as to why the data is being collected and what the data will be used for. We also provide details surrounding the data processing when requested by the data subject.
- Purpose limitation – We collect any piece of data that have a specific purpose, and those who can be in compliance with GDPR. We will hold your personal data for the period necessary for processing the same in compliance with the provisions of the law.
- Data minimization – We ensure the data we are capturing is adequate, relevant, and limited.
- Accurate and up-to-date processing – We make sure that information remains accurate, valid, and fit for purpose. To comply with this principle.
- Limitation of storage in the form that permits identification – We have policy in place that limits how the data is stored and moved, how long the data is stored, and requires the understanding of how the data subject would be identified if the data records were to be breached.
- Confidential and secure – We protect the integrity and privacy of data by making sure its secure (which extends to IT systems, paper records and physical security).
- Accountability and liability – We have policy and procedure required by GDPR to respond to requests from data subject as to what data is being held on them and promptly remove that data, if desired.
Personal Data being collected
We need your personal data at least for the following purposes:
To handle your queries/requests, to perform the contract, as required by law – to inform the authorities and for the purposes of the legitimate interests (i.e., to provide a better service).
On our website, our services do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. Once you send us a message, we collect information including but not limited to the name, the postal address, the email address and the telephone number.
Sharing your personal data
We only share your personal data when this is necessary to handle your requests or to fulfil an obligation imposed by law, in particular within the MCT INC.
We may share your information with vendors and/or sub-contracting parties, who provide services to us, such as fulfilling orders, providing data processing and other information technology services. We do not allow these sub-contracting parties to use this information or to share it for any purpose other than to provide services on our behalf.
Such sharing of personal data are protected by appropriate safeguards (e.g., appropriate contractual clauses, data processing agreements, intra-group disclosures of personal data, etc.) and if recipients operates outside the EEA, appropriate protections are in place to ensure that your personal data remains adequately protecting including adequacy decisions adopted by or standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commision.
Data subjects’ rights
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Greek Data Protection Legislation, Data Subjects have the following rights:
- the right of information regarding your data that are processed by us;
- the right of access to your personal data that we hold;
- the right of request for rectification of such information;
- the right of erasure of your data;
- the right of objection and restriction of processing;
- the right of portability of your data to other controller or processor under the terms and conditions of the law.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority in relation to us processing your personal information.
In the event that you object to the processing by us of your personal information or you wish to withdraw your consent to such processing, we will abide by your instructions in accordance with our legal obligations, provided that such instructions are given in writing. Please note that withdrawal of previously given consent will have effect only for the future; any processing based on consent remains lawful until the time of its withdrawal.
Cookies are small text documents that contain anonymous information; they are sent by the website, and they are stored on your hard drive. These data may contain information about your browser, your device type, the operating system etc. Also, cookies do not harm your computer or mobile device, in any way or the files stored there, neither do they have access to any of your files. Cookies are not about your identity. It is about your device; therefore, they might be used for device identification purposes. The cookies we collect bear information that is much needed for you to have a better user experience and have an expiration date of one month; thus, we will ask for your permission periodically when you visit our website.
Changes to our policy